Shortlist - moving tabs and picture numbers around

Jump to solution
08-20-2015 07:13 AM
ChayaBalsiger
Occasional Contributor

I am creating a storymap - shortlist and I was wondering how do I move the tabs around?  I don't like the order that they are currently in.  Also, how do I set the order for each point in their tab? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Chaya

Assuming you have one point layer in your web map for each tab in your Shortlist you can simply change the drawing order of your point layers in your web map (i.e. move them up and down in the Contents panel in the ArcGIS Online map viewer) and that change will be reflected in your Shortlist.

If you are using the option in the most recent Shortlist release (1.4, June 2015) to use a single layer (with a Tab_name field) to define all the tabs in your Shortlist, the tab order is defined by the order in which the different names in your layer's Tab_Name field appear in your layer. However you can change this order without editing the layer by using the TAB_ORDER variable in the Index,html file as explained in the Shortlist Readme PDF doc.

In the most recent Shortlist release (1.4) the order in which your places are listed in each tab is defined by default by the record order in which they appear in your layer.  So for example if you use CSV file to define your points, then the order will be the order in which the places are listed in the file. So if you don't like the order you can change it by editing the file or sorting the records in Excel. If you are using a shapefile or feature class you can edit or sort your features in ArcGIS for Desktop to change the order. Alternatively you also have the option to manually specify the order by including a Number field in your layer, and then using that to assign the number you want to each place. When a number field is present, the Shortlist will use that to number the places. Prior to Shortlist 1.4, the Number field was required and was always used to define the place order.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Chaya

Assuming you have one point layer in your web map for each tab in your Shortlist you can simply change the drawing order of your point layers in your web map (i.e. move them up and down in the Contents panel in the ArcGIS Online map viewer) and that change will be reflected in your Shortlist.

If you are using the option in the most recent Shortlist release (1.4, June 2015) to use a single layer (with a Tab_name field) to define all the tabs in your Shortlist, the tab order is defined by the order in which the different names in your layer's Tab_Name field appear in your layer. However you can change this order without editing the layer by using the TAB_ORDER variable in the Index,html file as explained in the Shortlist Readme PDF doc.

In the most recent Shortlist release (1.4) the order in which your places are listed in each tab is defined by default by the record order in which they appear in your layer.  So for example if you use CSV file to define your points, then the order will be the order in which the places are listed in the file. So if you don't like the order you can change it by editing the file or sorting the records in Excel. If you are using a shapefile or feature class you can edit or sort your features in ArcGIS for Desktop to change the order. Alternatively you also have the option to manually specify the order by including a Number field in your layer, and then using that to assign the number you want to each place. When a number field is present, the Shortlist will use that to number the places. Prior to Shortlist 1.4, the Number field was required and was always used to define the place order.

ChayaBalsiger
Occasional Contributor

This worked, thank you!

0 Kudos