Shortlist Story Map (beta) - Mobile Issues

Jump to solution
01-30-2017 10:04 AM
JustinSmith
New Contributor II

Hello,

Currently I am working on creating a Shortlist Story Map (beta version) and have found that when I login to my map on my iPhone (both Chrome and Safari) the map is not working very efficiently.  I understand there was to be a fix for this in December 2016 if you are self hosting the code.  Will the update apply to the hosted app on ArcGIS Online at any point?  If not, how come?

The issues I am having are below.

As you can see on image one, the main menu is only appearing on a quarter of my page.  

The first tab, "Downtown", does not work.  the map is not appearing and a list of the features is appearing on the right side.    

The second tab, "Southeast", works. 

The third & fifth tab work the same as the first tab did, map is not appearing and a list of the features is appearing on the right side.  

The fourth tab, like the second tab, works fine.

Thanks,
Justin 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Amanda

We've not been able to reproduce what you described on iOS devices. It doesn't mean there's not an issue but we have not seen anything unexpected. We will definitely keep an eye out in case this gets reported by others too.

Rupert

0 Kudos
AdamEversole1
Esri Contributor

Hi Rupert, 

I was working with Amanda on a support ticket, We couldn't reproduce at first either, but investigating further with her, we found the issue was only occurring on the Iphone 10 when URL was opened in safari when they had an active sign in with an enterprise login.  

The issue was not occuring when completely signed out and accessing the public facing Url. 

RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Adam, once that support ticket comes into the internal bug tracking system, we'll take a look and see what's going on with that.

Rupert

AdamEversole1
Esri Contributor

Thanks Rupert, That defect is now logged. 

I'll add this note to the thread that for any customers who are experiencing this issue you can contact Esri Support to get your account attached to the following record:

BUG-000119159 - Safari browser on Iphone 10 displays the Shortlist application on a quarter of the screen when the user is previously signed into ArcGIS online and opens the URL

Note: This issue only presents itself for Organizational users who have signed into your ArcGIS Online portal, thus Public viewers of your Shortlists Apps should not be encountering this issue. The workaround for this problem is to sign out from ArcGIS.com before opening the link.

Cheers

-Adam  

RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Adam

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Rupert Essinger

In addition to Adam's note, I would like to add that this does directly effect internal facing (requiring a login) Shortlist applications for our organization. Therefore the listed workaround attached to the BUG ticket (#BUG-000119159) is not effective for our organization or any other organization with secured (internal facing) Shortlist applications. Thank you. 

0 Kudos