Story Map Journal Builder "organize" button won't work

11-07-2018 05:26 AM
ReginaFroehlich
New Contributor

Hi,

I am using the Story Map Journal Builder. When I was just starting, the "organize" button to change the sequence of the slides worked, but after adding a few slides, the button wouldn't react. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

R

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Regina, sorry about the issue. I'm not sure specifically why that would happen. Perhaps try saving your story, closing the builder and your browser, and then reopening it to start a new authoring session. If this issue happens a lot and is preventing you from finishing your story, I'd recommend contacting technical support to see if they can walk through what might be happening.

Rupert

0 Kudos
ReginaFroehlich
New Contributor

Thank you, that didn't work but I figured out that it seems to depend on the browser. It didn't work using Firefox but works fine in Explorer. So, more or less, problem solved 😉

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the note. I'll review that in Firefox and see if I can reproduce it. Can I check if you are using Firefox on a PC or Mac?

Rupert

0 Kudos
OlivierTravaglini1
Occasional Contributor

Hello, I confirm the bug with Firefox, work well with IE.

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

I'm not able to reproduce this on Firefox on Windows 10. I'm editing a Map Journal in ArcGIS Online with 20+ sections. The Organize dialog is slow to open, but it does open OK for me. I'm using up-to-date Firefox Quantum 64 bit. There used to be a bug with this button where it gave a script error in Firefox if there were more than 10 sections, but that was fixed in our Dec 2016 ArcGIS Online release. Are you perhaps using Map Journal in a much older release of ArcGIS Enterprise that doesn't have that fix?

Rupert

0 Kudos