ArcGIS Pro and Panzura

10-19-2023 03:52 AM
Labels (1)
sworkmanhs
New Contributor II

Hello everyone.

I work for an AEC company with about 1500 employees and around 250 GIS users. Our staff coordinates on projects all over the US. We're currenting running ArcGIS Pro 3.1 locally and also through a shared Citrix VDI Pool. All of our GIS data is stored in it's own project folder on a shared network drive (G:/GIS/54464-000 for example). 

We are transitioning all of project data to Panzura, and I wanted to know if anyone has come across any problems accessing, editing, saving and generally working with data in Panzura. 

We tried using Nasuni 5 years ago or so to speed up access when coordinating with other offices (sometimes NY to LA) and it did not work well with file geodatabases. We had constant issues with data duplication, locks and edits not syncing across offices timely. 

Can anyone share any insight on their experience with Panzura? 

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate any and all help.

https://panzura.com/company/

3 Replies
Kent_PDX
New Contributor

Greetings,

We are in a similar situation. We have grown/merged into a large nationwide AEC company over the past 3 years. We are currently using Panzura and working with GIS is terrible. Not sure of a solution yet so I am not much help other than to say the two don't work well together. Doesn't work well with Autodesk products either in my opinion.  IT seems to love it, but they aren't the ones trying to use ESRI products. Hope you have some luck!

Cheers.

RobertRenzoni
New Contributor

Can't speak to the Panzura part but Hammerspace may be the viable alternative you need, its built on standards based protocols and  have successful GIS based customers in production.https://hammerspace.com/public-sector/

0 Kudos
EdgardoRios
New Contributor

Greetings,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Panzura. We appreciate your feedback and want to help you make a smooth transition. Can you reach us directly at prod.mgmt@panzura.com? Our team is ready to help and address any challenges you're facing. Your input is valuable and we're committed to making your experience with Panzura a positive one.

We look forward to connecting with you and supporting you.

Best,
Edgardo Rios
Product Manager
Panzura

0 Kudos