Research Market - Limited Geography

Jump to solution
06-12-2013 06:04 AM
JamesBlair
New Contributor
Dear all,

I am new to the BAO world and this topic supposedly has been covered already. If that is the case, my dearest apologies but I could not find it in the archive. Please provide with a link if it has been.

What I am trying to do is to generate a color-coded map for a specific geographic area.
Let's say that I set the variable "Average Household Income" but I want to limit the color-code to all counties within one state. I do not want other counties in other states to get colored when I zoom out.

Is there a way of doing that?
I am on a "Standard" subscription.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mirko
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Dear all,

I am new to the BAO world and this topic supposedly has been covered already. If that is the case, my dearest apologies but I could not find it in the archive. Please provide with a link if it has been.

What I am trying to do is to generate a color-coded map for a specific geographic area.
Let's say that I set the variable "Average Household Income" but I want to limit the color-code to all counties within one state. I do not want other counties in other states to get colored when I zoom out.

Thanks in advance,
Mirko

Mirko,

The functionality to restrict a color-coded map to larger geography does not exist in the current release version.  However the good news is that in the upcoming update to BAO/CA that one will have the ability to restrict their color-coded maps in this way.  No exact update to specifically when this new release will occur but I suspect later this summer.

Regards,
Jason R.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Dear all,

Thanks in advance,
Mirko

Mirko,

The functionality to restrict a color-coded map to larger geography does not exist in the current release version.  However the good news is that in the upcoming update to BAO/CA that one will have the ability to restrict their color-coded maps in this way.  No exact update to specifically when this new release will occur but I suspect later this summer.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
JamesBlair
New Contributor
Good morning,

Thanks a lot, Jason, much appreciated!
Looking forward to the upgrade then 🙂

Best,
Mirko
0 Kudos