This New Platform Update Messed Up My Account

Jump to solution
11-13-2020 12:42 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello, unfortunately I am having a few problems with the new site. My history of past participation is gone and when I try to subscribe to anything (clicking on the button, not pasting URLs), I get the following: "Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page." Javascript is also enabled in my Chrome browser (Version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (32-bit))
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad we could get you logged in @Anonymous User with you old account. Please feel free to mark this as the correct answer so we can close out the original post.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I see my old posts under the name "JohnGaiot" which is my full name, but I used to sign in as "jgaiot". That is what I typed in to verify my identity and I am thinking I should have typed in the full name. Now there is no way for me to undo this and there seems to be no way for me to log out anymore. Very strange! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for letting us know I am going to direct message you to help you troubleshoot. 

wwnde
by
Occasional Contributor

I too have lost my mailbox. I had subscribed so that topics of interest got into my mailbox. That is now gone and I have to scroll through an endless list of questions and posts any day to find issues of interest. This is quite inconveniencing. Any help? Can you please reinstate the facility?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We do have an alternative way for you to keep up with the posts you're interested in using the Subscribe feature that you'll see throughout the Community for Places, Boards, Posts and even Replies you are interested in. 

From your Profile Avatar I'd recommend you check out our help documentation. Specifically this one should help explain more on the subscribe feature and managing your notifications to suit your preference on how you'd like to be notified of updated content. 

Help - GeoNet, The Esri Community 

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
wwnde
by
Occasional Contributor

This is not what I am after. This sends email notifications to my personal email. I would like to set so that issues on topics of interests are logged onto the platforms notification. That way if I want to check past notifications they are all in one place. Is that possible? How do I get that done?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sure you can also see a list of all of all your subscriptions in one place under the My subscriptions option on the Profile Avatar dropdown and this takes you to this page:

https://community.esri.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions 

I hope this is more in line with what you are looking for. 

0 Kudos
wwnde
by
Occasional Contributor

The link tiles all my subscriptions and I have to unlock each and read. What we had before was questions on topics subscribed to appeared in the notifications. You could read and set them as unread if you wanted to revisit . It was therefore so easy to see developments on a specific question or even reply to it and contribute on the fly without going into each topic. Is the facility still available and how do I set individual questions on a topic to be logged in as a single entity notification?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately I am not aware of a way to do what you're looking for right now beyond the options in My Subscriptions and using the Subscribe option to curate your own list of topics and places of interest into one place. 

I understand this does not meet your need as you are used to from our previous platform and we are sorry that this is the case. Our new platform undergoes continuous improvement and we have the ability to request enhancements on our member's behalf. I can submit this idea based on what you've told me and loop back when we have an indication of planned improvements to the User Experience that might better meet your need. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad we could get you logged in @Anonymous User with you old account. Please feel free to mark this as the correct answer so we can close out the original post.

0 Kudos