Video upload size limit in community posts?

Jump to solution
04-25-2023 01:38 PM
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

What is the video upload size limit in community posts?

I originally thought it was 9-10 mb. But I uploaded a 18 mb video today, so that can't be right.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How to create a video post - Esri Community

Videos must be MP4, YouTube or Vimeo, or another allowable URL source to be uploaded or embedded. The user must have permissions to upload a video within the group or space. Video size is unlimited. However, timeouts, loading issues, and lag may occur with large videos over 1GB depending on a user's internet, network, or browser.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How to create a video post - Esri Community

Videos must be MP4, YouTube or Vimeo, or another allowable URL source to be uploaded or embedded. The user must have permissions to upload a video within the group or space. Video size is unlimited. However, timeouts, loading issues, and lag may occur with large videos over 1GB depending on a user's internet, network, or browser.

... sort of retired...
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

However, timeouts, loading issues, and lag may occur with large videos over 1GB depending on a user's internet, network, or browser.

I did have a problem loading a 18 mb video from my home internet connection which has slow upload speeds. The upload got 3/4 of the way there, but then froze.

But I was able to workaround that issue by emailing the video to my work computer. Then uploading the video to the community post from there. The upload from my work computer was very fast -- so I think that's why it worked. The upload speed at work is literally 1,500 times faster than my home internet (off-peak hours).

0 Kudos