ED50 --> ITRF96 VECTOR CONVERSION

11-19-2014 12:00 AM
CEMKIRLANGICOGLU1
New Contributor

Hi;

Especially for people working in Turkey, it is very necessary to have a direct ED50 - ITRF96 transformation in ArcGIS.

The attached .gtf file can be used for conversion.

Download the file into the below folder:

• \Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\ESRI\Desktop\ArcToolbox\CustomTransformations (You may need to see hidden folders to see this folder)

Then in ArcMAP, follow standard procedure for transformation.

- Open the ED50 file in ArcMAP

- From ArcTOOLBOX select Data Management - Project

- Define the input (ED_1950_UTM_Zone_35N) and output (ITRF_1996_UTM_Zone_35N)

- You will see the attached file under Geographic Transformation (optional)

- OK

That's All..

p.s. For google search from Turkey - "ED50 - ITRF96 KOORDİNAT SİSTEMİ VEKTÖREL DÖNÜŞÜMÜ"

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello,

I'd like to officially add the transformation to ArcGIS.

Name: CEM_ED50_ITRF96

METHOD = Position_Vector

X_Axis_Translation = -84.0

Y_Axis_Translation = -103.0

Z_Axis_Translation = -127.0

X_Axis_Rotation = -0.1714909

Y_Axis_Rotation = 0.0

Z_Axis_Rotation = 0.3995087

Scale_Difference = 1.0454368

I tried a search as you suggested but didn't find any confirmation. If I can find an official/governmental website, I can ask EPSG to add the transformation to their dataset as well.

Do you know what the accuracy is? Can you provide a test point? It doesn't have to be a control point, just something that we can confirm that the method is correct.

Thanks,

Melita

MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

If you want to check on the status of adding the transformation to ArcGIS, I've added a bug/enhancement request for it: BUG-000083449.

CEMKIRLANGICOGLU1
New Contributor

Thank you very much for your reply and interest,

These are not officially approved values which are derived from experiences.

Please contact with ESRI TURKEY, I think they may test it easily and tell you the the method is correct or wrong.

If it is correct, you can add this transformation to ArcGIS.

If it has some small deviations, please request them to send you the correct values.

ED50-ITRF96 conversion is a really big problem in Turkey and must be solved as soon as possible.

Regards..

Cem KIRLANGIÇOĞLU

PhD. Urban Planner

0 Kudos
emreince
New Contributor

Cem Bey Merhaba,

yazdığınız datum dönüşümü için teşekkürler. Dikkat edilmesi gerektiğini düşündüğüm konuyu buraya aktarmak istedim. Datum dönüşümleri bölgesel olarak kontrol edilmelidir. Farklı bölgelerde Değişkenlik gösterebilir. ortak noktalardan yararlanarak kontrol edilmesi gerekir (sadece 4 ortak nokta her daim yeterli olmayabilir). Muhakkak biliyorsunuzdur ama yazdığınız gtf dosyası içindeki parametereleri genel olarak algılanacağını düşündüm ve kontrol edilmeden kullanılabilir olduğundan, dikkat edilmesi gerektiği için yazdım.

0 Kudos
CEMKIRLANGICOGLU1
New Contributor

Emre Bey Merhaba,

Cevabınız için teşekkürler.

Verilen dönüşüm parametreleri İstanbul için denenmiştir ve doğru sonuçlar vermektedir. Belki cm hassasiyetinde hatalar olabilir. Ama çok aşırı doğruluğa ihtiyacı olmayan herkesin işini göreceğini düşünüyorum.

Saygılarımla...

0 Kudos
CEMKIRLANGICOGLU1
New Contributor

The file has been updated and attached for the users having problem in ArcGIS 10.

Tr edit: ArcGIS 10.1'de sorun yaşayanlar için güncellenmiş dosya ektedir.

0 Kudos
HakanAYYILDIZ
New Contributor

Bende o konu ile bir problem yaşamaktayım. Yardımcı olursanız fikir alışverişinde bulunmak isterim.

Problemim şudur ki. Layerimi ED_1950_UTM_Zone_35N koordinat sistemide define ettikten sonra dönüştüreceğim koordinat sistemi olarak (ITRF_1996_UTM_Zone_35N belirtmissiniz fakat böyle bir koordinat sistemi bulamadım. Bahsettiginiz WGS84 ün 35.zone u mudur?

0 Kudos