Append Annotation Feature Classes into existing ArcSDE FC - error ORA-00942

12-10-2012 07:30 AM
BrentEdwards
New Contributor III
ArcGIS 9.2/ArcSDE 9.2/Oracle 10g

I am trying to append an anno fc from a pgdb to an existing, versionned ArcSDE anno fc and I keep getting the following error :

DBMS table not found[DBMS table not found[ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
][GEO.urb_cadproj_an.DOSSIER_MRN_1]]

The pgdb and ArcSDE anno fc's have the exact same schema and neither of them are feature-linked.

I am able to successfully execute the operation with the exact same data writing to a pgdb and fgdb but not ArcSDE.

The only thing special about my anno fc is the fact that it has an extra field "DOSSIER_MRN" in addition to the default system annoation fields. If I copy paste the ArcSDE anno fc and remove the "DOSSIER_MRN" field, the command executes successfully. It seems as though the append operation hangs if there are extra, user defined fields when appending to an ArcSDE anno fc?

Has anyone had success appending into an ArcSDE anno fc with user defined fields via the Append Annotation Feature Classes Tool?

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrentEdwards
New Contributor III
The problem stems from a bug in the Append Annotation Tool. The error occurs when appending to ArcSDE annotation FCs with user defined  numeric (ex. Short Integer, Long Integer, Double) fields. The error seems to be resolved in ArcGIS 10 as I am able to execute the tool without issues given the exact same data. As a work around with ArcGIS 9.2, I am forced to define my field as a text field and deal with the conversion through code for my use case.
0 Kudos