ArcGIS Diagrammer Announcements

04-22-2010 09:23 AM
KatsuraIizuka
New Contributor
Please note that...

1. This is the place to post your ArcGIS Diagrammer questions!

2. Any comments and ideas about diagramming tools can be posted here.

3. New version of ArcGIS Diagrammer with ArcGIS 10 release will be posted here.
0 Kudos
34 Replies
FabianPulido
New Contributor
I have installed the ARCGIS DIAGRAMMER but microsoft's error appears to .NET Framework with the following exception  to me upon executing it :"See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Diagrammer.DiagrammerEnvironment' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ESRI.ArcGIS.System, Version=9.2.0.1324, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86' or one of its dependencies. El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado.
File name: 'ESRI.ArcGIS.System, Version=9.2.0.1324, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86'
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Diagrammer.DiagrammerEnvironment..ctor()
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Diagrammer.DiagrammerEnvironment..cctor() in C:\Users\richie\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\ESRI.ArcGIS.Diagrammer\DiagrammerEnvironment.cs:line 58

How I can solve it
0 Kudos
PaulaBrinsmead
New Contributor
Is anyone else having trouble getting Diagrammer to work on a Windows 7 system?
0 Kudos
ThomasKonzel
Occasional Contributor
I'm puzzled as to why, when my ArcGIS Desktop app uses a floating Info license, and even when I have Desktop open, ArcGIS Diagrammer insists on also consuming a Viewer license.  Please change the Diagrammer code to use the registry-set choice for the computer on which it's installed.  Some people may not care about this, but we definitely do.

Windows 7 Professional
ArcGIS 10 Desktop SP1
0 Kudos
RyanSutcliffe
Occasional Contributor II
I'm puzzled as to why, when my ArcGIS Desktop app uses a floating Info license, and even when I have Desktop open, ArcGIS Diagrammer insists on also consuming a Viewer license.  Please change the Diagrammer code to use the registry-set choice for the computer on which it's installed.  Some people may not care about this, but we definitely do.

Windows 7 Professional
ArcGIS 10 Desktop SP1

Agreed. I have the same issue as I always use an ArcInfo license with ArcGIS Diagrammer and end up tying up someone elses ArcView license. I added an entry in ESRI's ideas section here:

https://c.na1.visual.force.com/apex/ideaView?id=08730000000boX6&returnUrl=%2Fapex%2FideaList%3Fc%3D0...
0 Kudos
InnaNogeste
New Contributor II
I'm creating a Schema Report with the default ArcGIS Diagrammer colours.

I would like to change these colours - I can see that I can change the Diagram colours (Tools > Options > Diagram colors), but how can I change the default colours for the Schema Report?

I'm using version 1.0.3567.18822
0 Kudos
HectorMelendez-Alvarado
New Contributor III
I would like to localize the report template from english to spanish. Is there a file or templete that I can edit so all my schema reports are in spanish?
0 Kudos
DavidCook1
New Contributor
Defining Topology in ArcGIS Diagrammer.

I am having trouble establishing Topology rules.  I have added a Topology to the diagram and linked it to the Feature Dataset and added some rules.  When I run it I get the error:

[INDENT]Getting error Load xml data failed - The topology rule is invalid/malformed.[/INDENT]

To try and understand where I am going wrong, I decided to create a XML file from ArcCatalog that includes a topology and review in ArcGIS Diagrammer.  While helpful, this did not solve my problem.

I eventually noticed that the feature class I wanted topology for has a  ControllerMembership property. This was hard-coded to the original name of the Topology created by the XML export.  Changing the name of the Topology in the XML file created by export did not result in this property being updated - and the modified XML generated the error above.   

The ControllerMembership property for Topology holds the Weight, XYRank and ZRank - key components of the Topology.  You cannot manually create one - it is an abstract class.  So I would expect it to be added as a Topology is added to the Diagram

I then tried to define a series of actions within Diagrammer that results in this being populated.  I could not.  My actions are listed below:

1. Create Feature Dataset

2. Create FeatureClass and link to Feature Dataset

3. Add topology to diagrammer

4. Link Topology to Feature Dataset

5. Defined 2 topology rules, picking the feature class created at step 2

At this stage the ControllerMembership in the featureclass does not have any reference to the Topology.  I think for the model to work, it needs to.  But - how ??

Questions:

How do you add a Topology to the Diagrammer ?   (ie: What actions do you have to perform and how do you define the topology against the featureclass ? )

How do you manage Weight, XYRank, ZRank etc ?

I have attached 2 XML files.  One was exported by Catalog, and the other has had the Topology name changed.  The first XML file works, the second does not.  Note that the name includes the database owner and schema from my Dev environment - which is not what I really want for my real environment.

Environment : ArcGIS 10.0 SP 3.  ArcSDE 10.0 SP 3, RDBMS = SQL Server 2008 R2
0 Kudos
MikeJun
New Contributor II
Does anyone have a problem to print bigger size? I have a data model that has about 10 feature classes and each feature class has more than 20 fields.
I'd like to print out a big piece of paper to show all of them, its relationship, rules, domains, etc so that I can discuss with customers.
Anyhow, when I choose a bigger size, objects in arcgis diagrammer doesn't move beyond its current layout.
Please fix this issue for the next version if you can so I can print out just like ESRI UML model.
0 Kudos
AlisonGaiser
Occasional Contributor
I am sure I am missing something obvious, but I can't seem to find the place to set the min and max values for a range domain. I know they are not set since the validation tells me so.

I am using version 10 of the Diagrammer.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor
It seems there are multiple places to comment on ArcGIS Diagrammer functionality, so I am going to cover my bases....

When diagramming in ArcGIS Diagrammer, it would be nice to "hide" certain types of objects, specifically Subtypes.

I  work with feature classes that utilize large numbers of subtypes.   Although when diving deep into the schema or designing a geodatabase it  is important to have those on the diagram, when trying to export a  diagram for business users or management types, the display of all the  subtypes is clutter.  I can go ahead and delete them all for making a  graphic to present, but even that is a bit of a hassle.
0 Kudos