attachments won't be moved to business tables

12-17-2010 04:00 PM
OzanEmem
New Contributor II
we have versioned tables in arcsde sql server geodatabase (version 10 SP1 64 bit on SQL 2008). while registering as versioned we selected move edits to base option. it is working properly. after edit session system is moving edits to business tables and emptiying delta tables as required.

however if we have attachments enabled for same feature class, attachments wont be moved to business tables after edit session until we compress the database. So A and D delta tables of attachments are keeping records.

as far as i can see from table registry, object_flags are showing values of versioned layer without move edits to base option for attachments, although related layer holds move edits to base tables option.

is this behaviour expected, or is there a specific reason for that?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
OzanEmem
New Contributor II
ok I found something at least.

If I enable attachments for a feature class which is not registered, and then if I register that as versioned, versioning for both are working fine. It means sde registers both tables using same rule.

But if I enable attachments for a versioned layer!!!!, it uses default registering option which is "move edits to base" unchecked.

so SDE should at least tell me that feature class is registered and cannot enable attachments orr it should tell me that this situation will happen.

Am I correct?
0 Kudos
RussellBrennan
Esri Contributor
Ozan,

Based on the description of the issue in this thread it appears as if you are encountering NIM063748. You have correctly identified a workaround in creating attachments before registering as versioned with the ability to move edits to base.

We intend to include the resolution for this issue with 10 SP2.
0 Kudos