Auto CAD to GIS

11-21-2011 05:30 AM
ArifKassim2
New Contributor
I have a map with many polygon data, point data, line data  and text created and edited using Auto CAD.  Please guide me through to create this map in ArcGIS 10.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnantThunuguntla
New Contributor III
I have a map with many polygon data, point data, line data  and text created and edited using Auto CAD.  Please guide me through to create this map in ArcGIS 10.

Hi ArifPK,

Can you give me more details as to what exactly you are trying to create? You might want to check CAD To Geodatabase tool.
0 Kudos
zacefron
New Contributor
I have a bunch of lines that were drawn in AutoCAD and I need to turn them into polygons. The problem is there are overshoots and undershoots or varying lengths. What is the quickest way to fix this? I have an ArcInfo 9.2 license if that helps.
0 Kudos
AnantThunuguntla
New Contributor III
I have a bunch of lines that were drawn in AutoCAD and I need to turn them into polygons. The problem is there are overshoots and undershoots or varying lengths. What is the quickest way to fix this? I have an ArcInfo 9.2 license if that helps.

Hi Zacefron,

You might want to check these help topics: Extending lines and Trimming lines
0 Kudos
ArifKassim
New Contributor
Hi ArifPK,

Can you give me more details as to what exactly you are trying to create? You might want to check CAD To Geodatabase tool.

I am not asking about a specific tool.

I have been using Arc GIS for some time, not extensively. But not yet created a map from scratch.
Please guide me through the steps to create a map with the data available with me.
0 Kudos