Configuration Keyword ArcSDE Personal

03-27-2013 02:55 PM
DamianHouseknecht
New Contributor II
I've created a SQL Server Express geodatabase and was trying to import a feature class from the company enterprise geodatabase but the configuration keywords weren't available through the Feature Class to Feature Class (via import featureclass) tool. When I import into our enterprise db, I can specify a configuration keyword...so why can't I when importing to my sql server express database?

If I create a new empty featureclass in the express db (non import method), then I can choose a keyword.  My configuration keywords show up in the database properties so I know they are there and visible.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
Damian,

I am assuming that you are using the ArcGIS Desktop 10.1.

You can specify the Config. keyword in the Feature Class to feature Class tool as well for an Express geodatabase.
At the bottom of the Feature Class to feature Class tool there is an option called Environments.

Environments-->Geodatabase--> Specify your desired Config. Keyword in "Output CONFIG Keyword"-->Ok.

This will import/export the Feature Class in your desired storage type.

Hope this helps.

Regards
0 Kudos
DamianHouseknecht
New Contributor II
Thanks Asrujit! I am using 10.1 and your solution works perfectly. 

Is there a reason though that I can't just select my configuration from the dropdown under Geodatabase Settings (optional) at the bottom of the Feature Class to Feature Class tool?  Our enterprise system is 10.0 and it has a drop down menu there instead of just being greyed out as it seems to be in my 10.1 install.  This seems to be nicer especially if you want to quickly select from a couple of different storage methods.  The solution you provided works great but eventually I'd like the drop down enabled.  I went to my database properties and clicked on Configuration Keywords on the general tab and there is a fair amount on that list...just not sure why that list isn't visible in the dropdown within the tool dialogs.

Thanks again for your help!
0 Kudos