Creating a pick list to populate attributes/selecting features

03-11-2013 08:05 AM
BryanArndorfer
New Contributor II
I have two things I'm trying to accomplish. The first is creating a pick list or checkbox list of certain attributes I would like to query to select the features I'm interested in. For example, I have a feature class of field boundaries for all clients we work with.  Each client has a boundary for each year, so within each boundary is an attribute of clientname and year, among some other blank ones such as croptype and plantdate.  I would like a picklist to choose which client and year I would like to select to edit and populate the blank attribute fields. So, it would be nice to have it allow me to select the client name, and the next option would only show the years that the selected client has field boundaries in our system. Is this possible?

Next, after the certain boundaries are selected, I would like to create pick lists to populate croptype and plantdate instead of having to manually type them all in with the chance of errors.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bryan
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor
This is possible through using Python Add-ins. You could use a combo box to list all of your clients and have another combo box that lists possible years, depending on the value selected in the first combo box.
0 Kudos
BryanArndorfer
New Contributor II
Thank for the reply! Would the same concept apply for creating lists to populate the selected features?
0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor
You could probably use an Update Cursor within the onEnter function so you could enter some information into the box, then hit enter. The cursor should respect the selection.
0 Kudos