Display rasters through time in ArcScene 3D

05-02-2017 10:51 PM
MelRavatin
New Contributor

Hi everyone!

So I have this problem using ArcScene : i'm working with 365 rasters, each containing the ground water level, one per day. I've put them in a raster catalog, as raster mosaic are apparently not supported in ArcScene (I think ?), and was able to add a date field to my catalog, so that every raster now has a day associated to it. I am trying to show the variations of groundwater levels through time in 3D, so when I display each raster (one after another) I can see it changing, i.e. it moves and it's super cool, only I do that by ticking and un-ticking every layer and it's a bit annoying. I would like to use the time-slider thing (I don't know what it's called, I'm french and so is my version of ArcGIS) where you can enable time (already did) and view your data day per day, only it doesn't work because my rasters are all flat (I still see the colour gradient, but not in 3D anymore), and I can't access the base height menu in each raster individually. Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do ? Or are raster catalog not meant for 3D display through time ? It worked fine with a point shapefile, so I was hoping to be able to do it with rasters ...

I hope it makes sense, thanks in advance for any tips/ideas!

Have a nice day,

Mel

1 Reply
JohnBrockwell
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to do the same thing using a time enabled raster mosaic dataset. Please let me know how it worked out for you. 3d arcgispro@https://community.esri.com/community/gis/3d?sr=search&searchId=1a5de613-55ab-4764-a90a-9c12ce7faf18&...

0 Kudos