Domain Tools in ArcGIS 10 and Export Domain to Table

01-31-2012 11:28 AM
EricVenden
Occasional Contributor II
In ArcGIS 9.3 I used the DomainTools add-in and found it very useful.  I am having issues registering the dll in version 10.  I am using the ESRIRegAsm utility to register it and keep getting an error:  Could not load file or assembly or one of it's dependencies.  Operation is not supported.

Has anyone managed to register the DomainTools dll located here:  http://resources.arcgis.com/gallery/file/geodatabase/details?entryID=D62A883B-1422-2418-8873-5721AB3...

Additionally, I am trying to export an SDE domain to a table.  I am using the Domain to Table tool and with the resultant dbf - I cannot import this into Access.  Is there another program I should be using to open the dbf?

Thanks for your time
Eric V
0 Kudos
4 Replies
EricMcPhee
New Contributor III
I was able to get it to work. I navigated to the GdbDomainTools.dll (..\src\GdbDomainTools\bin\Release), right clicked on the file and clicked register. It poped up a dialog asking which product I wanted to register it for (Choose desktop). I then closed and reopened ArcCatalog and the additional tab showed up on the Database Properties window....it still seems to work at 10.0. This tools is great!
0 Kudos
EricVenden
Occasional Contributor II
Eric,
A couple of questions - Are you using XP or Win 7?  32 or 64 bit?  I do not have the right-click, "register dll" option.

Thanks
Eric

I was able to get it to work. I navigated to the GdbDomainTools.dll (..\src\GdbDomainTools\bin\Release), right clicked on the file and clicked register. It poped up a dialog asking which product I wanted to register it for (Choose desktop). I then closed and reopened ArcCatalog and the additional tab showed up on the Database Properties window....it still seems to work at 10.0. This tools is great!
0 Kudos
MarkPeacey
New Contributor III
Hi Eric V,

I have the same problem, there is no Register option. Am on a 64bit Win7 machine. The only other thing I could think of is maybe I need to install the .Net SDK as that was mentioned somewhere in the help the text document that you download with the file has in it.

If you've managed to register it and get it going I'd be interested in knowing how.

Thanks,
Mark
0 Kudos
EricMcPhee
New Contributor III
Sorry for not responding...forgot to set th notify me by email subscription. I just happend to stumble across this thread again.
If you install the ArcObjects SDK you will be able to navigate to the GdbDomainTools.dll, right click on it, choose register, select desktop and that should do it. I just had a co-worker test this out and it worked for her.
0 Kudos