Editing False Northing

07-18-2012 10:40 PM
TimFardon
New Contributor
Heres hoping someone can tell me how to edit the Falso Northing on a particular feature.

I have a feature that doesn't line up with other features even though it is in the same coordinate system. The only difference I could find in its properties is the false Northing isn't 10000000.00000000

Any Ideas how to change it?

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Seems odd that ArcGIS doesn't make the adjustment on the fly; perhaps you could just re-project it using one of the false-northing feature classes as the coordinate system.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
FridaInta
New Contributor
Heres hoping someone can tell me how to edit the Falso Northing on a particular feature.

I have a feature that doesn't line up with other features even though it is in the same coordinate system. The only difference I could find in its properties is the false Northing isn't 10000000.00000000

Any Ideas how to change it?

Thanks

I use IDRISI and changing projection parameters is easy - use metadata.  Go to the reference files and bring up the offending projection.  Origin Y (false northing) can be changed and saved there; remember to call the reference system something different so you can refer to your changes.  It seems as though all UTM projections must have a false northing (origin Y) of 10 million METRES.  Hope this helps
Frida
0 Kudos