Edits dissapear after saving

01-25-2012 06:39 AM
MariaCamacho
New Contributor
I digitize my polygon, I can see it, and after saving my edits, the polygon dissapear. I haven't set up the scale. Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
I digitize my polygon, I can see it, and after saving my edits, the polygon dissapear. I haven't set up the scale. Thanks.

If you are editing in versions prior to ArcGIS 10 you probably have a definition query set on the layer that does not match the feature attributes after you have saved your edits.  You may have created the feature just fine, but it filters out of view as soon as you save edits.  If you have no definition query or this is at ArcGIS 10 then I am not sure what is occurring without more information.
0 Kudos
MariaCamacho
New Contributor
I am digitizing in ArcGIS 10. I created a new feature dataset with the same projection of the map than I am working on; under this layer, I edit my polygon and it's show up as normal until I save it. After that, the polygon is not there anymore. Do you know what could be the problem? Thanks,
0 Kudos
KenBates1
New Contributor III
I am having the same issue...one feature class one image base map as I make edits previous features disappear.....until I zoom to layer...then they all show up...and yes I have usually double digitized many of them.  this has happened with lines and polygons
0 Kudos