Edits seen in ArcSDE but not in SQL?

03-12-2013 09:31 AM
MollyWhite
New Contributor II
I have edited an SDE feature class and the changes have gone through rec and post to the default.  I can see the changes in the ArcGIS environment but not in the SQL environment.  Any ideas of what might be happening?
5 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
Molly,

Are the data Registered as Versioned?

If yes, it seems that you might be just checking the Base table of that Feature Class. Disconnect all users from that Geodatabase and perform a "COMPRESS" on the geodatabase. You should be then able to see the changes in the SQL Environment too.

Regards,
0 Kudos
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor
Alternatively, if you are using ArcGIS 10.1 and have a 10.1 geodatabase, you might consider querying the Versioned Views that form part of the geodatabase. It will allow you to see the edit state of a specific version you specify in SQL.
0 Kudos
MollyWhite
New Contributor II
Thank you for the replies!

We run a compress in our rec and post script nightly and it says that it was successful.

I just queried the versioned view in SQL after setting the default to current state (EXEC sde.set_default), and the data is correct.  But the table still shows the incorrect/old data.  Does this mean that the rec and post did not complete?  Or the compress did not really complete?  Very new at this 😮
0 Kudos
MollyWhite
New Contributor II
Although the compress did not give any errors, it was not getting to the state 0 because of a hung SDE connection.  We forced a compress and all is fine now.  Thank you for the help!
0 Kudos
AbelYeboah
New Contributor
Alternatively, if you are using ArcGIS 10.1 and have a 10.1 geodatabase, you might consider querying the Versioned Views that form part of the geodatabase. It will allow you to see the edit state of a specific version you specify in SQL.

Have been trying to get ArcGIS 10.1 data directly into SQL server for a municipal application, but its seems not to work. What I did was connect through Ms access to SQL (using link server techolo). Does any one have an idea how I can do direct connection?
0 Kudos