False Easting and Northing

06-22-2012 07:14 AM
NickMeyers
New Contributor
I am having difficulty grasping the reason AutoCAD does not use False Easting & Northing. 

Our AutoCAD users have a Modified Ground State Plane System that does not use False Easting & Northing, so all the CAD data displays incorrectly compared to our GIS data and any WMS we pull in.  All our GIS data uses the Esri Projection File NAD 1983 HARN StatePlane Colorado Central FIPS 0502 (US Feet).prj.  We have a scale factor that will transform the data between the GIS and CAD data, but the CAD users not wanting to use False Easting or Northing is causing some troubles.

I would like to be able to have our GIS data visible to AutoCAD users through an SDE connection or ArcGIS for AutoCAD plug-in, but without having to change our coordinate system to the Modified Ground with no values for False Easting and Northing.

Is there anything someone could enlighten us here about how best we should display our data? I have researched the topic and am still unable to provide our AutoCAD users with anything that fully satisfies them on using false easting and northing.

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies