Features won't display in Geodatabase after add new features

04-28-2011 11:31 AM
MichaelMirro
New Contributor II
This has now happened to me for two feature classes in two separate geodatabases.  For one, I added an additional shape using the polygon feature drawing tool.  For one I added two additional shapes via copy/paste from the same feature class. In both cases, new entries were added to the attribute table, when zoomed to the maximum extent I could see the features; however, when I zoom in or try and print the features would not display and would not print.  If you flash the features, even though there is nothing in the display window, the shape flashes.  If you select the feature, you can see the blue outline.   You just can't see any features, except at full extent.  The data is on a network NAS drive. 

Exporting to shape file fixes the problems.  However, I have a geodatabase with domain menus, etc, that I keep as a central repository for data, so I would rather not switch back to shape files.

Anyone have this issue.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KenGalliher1
Esri Contributor
Is this an ArcSDE geodatabase?  If so, try editing again using a direct connection.  What happens?
0 Kudos