Geodatabase Replication Error

06-27-2011 09:39 AM
MartinSiwek
New Contributor
I'm trying to sync a two way replica and receive the following error.

"Synchronize Replica failed. Underlying DBMS error [Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0: Incorrect syntax near ')'.][LIBERTY911.DB0.hgac911_esn] The workspace is not connected."

Anyone encounter this before?  I'm running ArcGIS 10 SP1 with personal SDE.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
8 Replies
AntonioUrquidi
New Contributor II
I'm wondering if/how you resolved this issue? I just ran into it this today. Previous replications had worked fine.
0 Kudos
CherylCleghorn
Esri Contributor
Your best recourse here is to contact ESRI Support Services. They'll need to get traces etc in order to troubleshoot.
0 Kudos
TimothyMichael
Occasional Contributor II
Was the original poster able to resolve this issue?  I am now encountering the same error with a client.  I have recreated the replicas, and have tried importing changes manually via geodatabase and xml without success.

Environment details:
Parent GDB: ArcGIS 10.1 / SDE Standard Enterprise / SQL Server Standard 2008 R2
Child GDB: ArcGIS 10.2 / SDE Personal / SQL Server Express 2008 R2

One way replica parent > child.
0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
Which Desktop version are you using to synchronize the changes?

There is a known issue while trying to synchronize a replica using Desktop 10.2.
http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDk0NjY5

[ NIM094669 - Synchronizing replica after deleting 1000 or more records from parent geodatabase fails using ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.]

If you were using Desktop 10.2, can you please try to synchronize the replica using Desktop 10.1 and check whether the issue is still reproducible.
0 Kudos
TimothyMichael
Occasional Contributor II
It is 10.2, running on Windows 7.  I wasn't aware of this bug, but the description fits the two cases where I have experienced the issue. 

--Tim
0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
Are you able to synchronize successfully using Desktop 10.1?
0 Kudos
ShawnAnderson
New Contributor
how do you downgrade from 10.2 to 10.1?
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
how do you downgrade from 10.2 to 10.1?

I'm not sure this question relates to the original post.  Are you talking about the geodatabase itself?  If so, there isn't a geodatabase "downgrade" process.  You would need to create a new 10.1 geodatabase and copy / import your data in from the 10.2 geodatabase.
0 Kudos