Geodatabase Toolset (GDBT) for ArcGIS v.10

07-19-2010 11:24 AM
RachelBrowne
New Contributor
I heard a rumour at the ESRI International conference last week that there is no Geodatabase Toolset for V.10.

Could ESRI please confirm this and if this is indeed the case, how can we get this reinstated for the new version?

This is a toolset that we depend upon in our everyday management of SDE and if it is not available will significantly impact upon our plans to upgrade!!!!!
0 Kudos
37 Replies
JohnMeza
New Contributor III
Sorry for the late reply.
Did you have any install problems?
The User Information tab uses:
-Microsoft FlexGrid Control 6.0 - MSFlxGrd.ocx
-Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 - mscomctl.ocx

use regedit.exe, at the top level (Computer) search for MSFlxGrd.ocx and mscomctl.ocx?
0 Kudos
TonyBoehm
New Contributor
Using regedit I did not find MSFlxGrd.ocx.  mscomctl.ocx was found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Installer/UserData/S-1-5-18/Component
0 Kudos
JaniceSutherland
New Contributor
I tried to install GDBT for Version 10 this morning and am getting erros when I run from ArcCatalog
The install showed no errors and the tab is visible but popups say:
SpatialIndexView.Class_Initialize 429 You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality.
and
You are not licesned for .
Use the ArcGIS Administrator to view the software availability, change the license manager, or switch the ArcGIS software product.

why would I be getting this message?
Both mxflxgrd.ocx and mscomctl.ocx are in c:\windows\system32\

I am running XP Professional Version 2002 Sp3
0 Kudos
JohnMeza
New Contributor III
What type of ArcGIS Desktop license do you have?
0 Kudos
deleted-user-zpcJw1u0IXiO
Occasional Contributor
I'm also getting the SpatialIndexView.Class_Initialize 429 error. For me it is soon followed by a License error: "You are not licensed for Geodatabase Editor". I don't even know what that is. Why is GDBT not working properly? I'm running ArcEditor 10.
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor
By chance did you have GDBT Toolset from 9.3.x installed on the machine?  If so, try uninstalling GDBT Toolset 9.3.x and tehn see if you're able to run the newest 10 version.

Regards,

Robert LeClair
Esri-Denver
0 Kudos
ScottBateman
New Contributor III
GDBT is great - just installed for 10.0 SP2 after upgrading from 9.3.1 SP1

Initially I was getting the same 429 error and I did have 9.3 GDBT installed.  After uninstalling the 9.3 version, my GDBT tab disappeared from ArcCatalog.  I then uninstalled the 10 version also and re-installed. 

After that all seems to be working, Thanks!

Note that the 10.0 version I installed showed up as "GDBT-ArcCatalog" without any indication of the version number in my Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP.
0 Kudos
JoanneLoh1
New Contributor
Where can I download the GDBT for ArcGIS 10? I tried http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/extensions/gdbt/index.html but it says that the Page Was Not Found. Is there any updated link to download this?
0 Kudos
MikeYoung1
New Contributor
I really really love this tool!!! I want more!
0 Kudos