Group Model Parameters using the Expand.xsl as an example

04-28-2010 12:37 PM
JeremySury
New Contributor
I'm building a model using the Model Builder interface.  The model has many input parameters that can be logically grouped.

Rather than have a big long list of parameters in the tool dialog I wanted to use a drop down system similar to the Environment Settings.

There is an example in the help (Expand.xsl) that shows how to implement grouping however it uses the <PropertyGroup> identifier to group the parameters.  If you look at the XML generated when you look at the Environment Settings dialog there are multiple PropertyGroups representing each of the parameter groups.

I would love to implement this method however I can't seem to find any way to create PropertyGroups via the Model Builder interface.  They all end up under PropertyGroup0.

Is there a way to create separate Property Groups via model builder or can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to modify the XSL code to make it look like they're grouped.

I tried to use a choose function to test individual property labels and put a group prefix on each of the labels.  I think there's a viable solution there but my knowledge of XSL is limited making it difficult for me to work out.

<xsl:for-each select="Property"> 
    <xsl:choose>
        <xsl:when test='starts-with(PropertyLabel, "Group1 - ")'>
            <xsl:apply-templates select="." />
        </xsl:when>
    </xsl:choose>
</xsl:for-each> 
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KatsuraIizuka
New Contributor
Hello Fergus,

You might have better luck on getting your question answered on Geoprocessing forum link below for Model Builder question:

http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/31-Geoprocessing

Hope this helps,
Katsura
0 Kudos