How to delete the name of a replica,

Jump to solution
02-01-2013 01:48 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
How to delete the name of a replica,

I???m wondering if these is a way to delete the name of replica create.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21296[/ATTACH]

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
13 Replies
JessicaKirby
New Contributor III
If you perform the unregister on the replica as the replica owner (user) it works cleanly.  If you do this as any other user (even as SDE) it may not get deleted entirely, requiring the use of SDE command line to delete sync send versions.  That's been my experience at least...

Can you please elaborate on the sde command line that was used to delete the snyc send versions.  I deleted a replica without unregistering it first and now have a ghost version that I can not get rid of.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
sdeversion -o delete...
0 Kudos
PaulSchneider
Occasional Contributor
When you unregister a replica, be sure to do it on both ends; you need to 'cut the cord' between parent and child on the parent end and the local/ child end as well.

This poses somewhat of a problem.  If an ArcGIS Server administrator is using a Geodata Service to accept data updates from users, the client controls when they make (register) the replica and if/when they choose to unregister it.  As the data administrator, one can very quickly end up with many replicas and not know which ones are being used, and/or which ones have been unregistered client-side. 

http://ideas.arcgis.com/ideaView?id=087E00000004rvpIAA

For the near-term its probably best to have pretty tight permissions on the ArcGIS Server as to who can access your GeoData services.
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
This poses somewhat of a problem.  If an ArcGIS Server administrator is using a Geodata Service to accept data updates from users, the client controls when they make (register) the replica and if/when they choose to unregister it.  As the data administrator, one can very quickly end up with many replicas and not know which ones are being used, and/or which ones have been unregistered client-side. 

http://ideas.arcgis.com/ideaView?id=087E00000004rvpIAA

For the near-term its probably best to have pretty tight permissions on the ArcGIS Server as to who can access your GeoData services.

Excellent point and and I hope your ideas submission gets some careful consideration.  Seems to me that it should/could be handled like a composite relationship where as you can't have a child without a parent or a parent without child...
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos