Kill users in ArcSDE 10.1

Jump to solution
05-31-2013 06:15 AM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor
Hi,

In other versions of ArcSDE you could kill users that were connected to database using the prompt command.
I understand that is not possible to do that any more in SDE 10.1, is that correct?

How do I kill the users, then, I need to make some changes to the database and it doesn't allow me because is been use for other users.

Thanks and best regards,

Diego Llamas
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Diego,

How do I kill the users, then, I need to make some changes to the database and it doesn't allow me because is been use for other users.

At 10.1, ArcGIS Desktop has new ArcGIS tools to administer enterprise geodatabases within ArcCatalog. You can remove connections to the geodatabase with the Geodatabase Administration dialog > Connections tab.

Please review this help topic:

What's new for geodatabases in ArcGIS 10.1

(look under the section "View and remove connections from a geodatabase")

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VinceAngelo
You've mischaracterized the problem a bit.  Users with the 'sde' password have always
been able to terminate application server processes, and will continue to have this ability
though ArcGIS 10.2.  HOWEVER, there is no server process to kill with a Direct Connect
client, therefore database tools are necessary to terminate user sessions.  The exact
details of how that can be accomplished vary by RDBMS.

- V
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Hi Diego,

At 10.1, ArcGIS Desktop has new ArcGIS tools to administer enterprise geodatabases within ArcCatalog. You can remove connections to the geodatabase with the Geodatabase Administration dialog > Connections tab.

Please review this help topic:

What's new for geodatabases in ArcGIS 10.1

(look under the section "View and remove connections from a geodatabase")

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos