Mosaic Dataset - Displays Perfect in ArcMap, but not as an Image Service

03-29-2011 11:14 AM
LukePecoraro
New Contributor
I am currently testing creating a mosaic dataset out counties most recent aerial imagery.  I have a small mosaic dataset all set up with overviews which displays perfectly in ArcMap.  I can zoom through from 500,000 all the way in and can always see the imagery.  It has no trouble displaying both the overviews and the source images.  When I publish this out as an image service, and drop in it ArcMap, the overviews display fine, but once I zoom past 3,500, (I assume when it switches to the source imagery) all I see is monotone gray or blue (slightly different color for each tile).  This sounds like a statistics issue, but I created two identical mosaic datasets, one with statistics calculated on the dataset and one without, served them up and I see no difference.  Also if it were statistics, shouldn't ArcMap be doing the same thing?  I do have statistics calculated on the source images.  Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
BillBean
New Contributor III
We should have used the UNC path...instead we were using the drive letter....this fixed it for us.
0 Kudos