moving/stretching just one end of a line

08-07-2013 10:21 AM
MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor
I am drawing lines from manhole to manhole, and occasionally I connect to the wrong MH.  Is there a way to edit a line, as to just stretch one endpoint, as opposed to moving the entire line.  Sort of the way grips works in Autocad.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
I am drawing lines from manhole to manhole, and occasionally I connect to the wrong MH.  Is there a way to edit a line, as to just stretch one endpoint, as opposed to moving the entire line.  Sort of the way grips works in Autocad.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If these are simple 2 point lines you can select a single line and press the Edit Vertices button on the Editor toolbar to get a node handle on each end of the line.  That handle can be grabbed and dragged to relocate each line end independently.  The edit is done in sketch mode and can be terminated without committing the sketch if you right click the line and choose the Delete Sketch menu item.  To save the sketch press F2 or the context menu choose the finish sketch item to preserve the change.  You also have to Save Edits to fully preserve the changes in the feature class.
0 Kudos