Parcel Fabric Headache

03-31-2011 12:12 PM
DianeRodrigues
New Contributor
I'm getting the following error when I attempt to "Build Parcels and save into map" I get the following error "Locking parcel has changed in default.  A reconcile is required to ensure that editing parcels in this version are in sync with default before lock(s) can be given."

The Versioning toolbar shows all the buttons as grayed out.  I'm running ArcInfo 10 and the server is SDE 9.3

Has anyone else seen this and find a solution?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DianeRodrigues
New Contributor
I found a post that I thought was the answer to my prayers but it doesn't seem to be helping me.  Apparently the Commit option is grayed out as well.
0 Kudos
ChristineLeslie
Esri Contributor
Hi

Here are some thoughts:
Are you editing in a version? If you are building your parcels in a version, sounds like you need to do a reconcile first in the edit session. When you are editing, is the reconcile button greyed out?

In default, to commit a job, select the job you want to commit from the job book and then the commit button should enabled. The job you select in default might cover the area you are editing in the version.

let me know if any of this helps

Christine
0 Kudos
NickKenczka
New Contributor II
This issue keeps rearing is ugly head for me time and time again.  This really makes no sense.  Our fabric is in SDE but is not versioned and I am the only one editing it right in default.  I 'commit' all my jobs in default, then unjoin a certain group of parcels and there you go, here is this error message.  This really makes no sense.  I cannot reconcile with default, obviously, because it is not versioned.  Has there been a resolution to this yet?
0 Kudos