Point Feature Class to AutoCAD not visible

Jump to solution
10-25-2012 02:00 PM
HaileyMonod
New Contributor III
Hello,

This seems simple, yet every time I use the "export to CAD" conversion tool, I come out with a DWG where any converted GIS point data appears invisible in AutoCAD (despite it being in the layer properties widnow of AutoCAD).

What do I need to do to make these points convert to CAD points? Or something like that? (I have tried changing the symbology in AutoCAD, but I had no luck affecting the visibility of those points).

Thanks in advance for your help or advice 🙂

H.M
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrettHill
New Contributor III
Are the points invisible or not there?  At the AutoCAD command line try entering the LIST command followed by ALL.  You should see a list of point features if they made it into the drawing.  If you do have some points check the color, my AutoCAD background is black, the export to CAD created points that were dark brown making them impossible to see.  Changing every point color to ByLayer made them show up.  Also, try changing the PDMODE.  Set a value of 2 for the PDMODE, that should give you a cross symbol.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HaileyMonod
New Contributor III
No ideas?!
HHmmm :confused:
0 Kudos
BrettHill
New Contributor III
Are the points invisible or not there?  At the AutoCAD command line try entering the LIST command followed by ALL.  You should see a list of point features if they made it into the drawing.  If you do have some points check the color, my AutoCAD background is black, the export to CAD created points that were dark brown making them impossible to see.  Changing every point color to ByLayer made them show up.  Also, try changing the PDMODE.  Set a value of 2 for the PDMODE, that should give you a cross symbol.
0 Kudos
HaileyMonod
New Contributor III
Hi,

Thanks for your help. Changing the PMODE helped, as it allowed the point data to show up!
The data was always there and visible in the layer properties, but the points were so miniscule that the user can't see them. I will just have to inform the end user to change the PMODE to a value of 2.

Thanks again!
0 Kudos