Record count difference between export/imported data in SDE

11-30-2011 10:31 AM
EricMann
New Contributor
When exporting or importing from  SDE to a PGDB the record counts are different. The SDE data we are doing this with is a spatial view and exporting or importing to a shapefile in a PGDB. I am not sure why or how I would explain this difference to someone and would like to know if there is a common reason for this to occur. In this once case our data exported from sde has 67 more records in the data than the record count in SDE. And we are comparing the record counts using catalogue, ArcMAp, Access and SQL. The Arc products are seeing the difference BUT Access sees the same counts. I am guessing it may have to do with delta tables?? Not sure. Any input would be helpful! Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AJR
by
Occasional Contributor II
This is normal for a versioned feature class.  Any SQL access you do againt the base table will not take the edited data in to account as it likely still resides in the delta tables.  Only after a complete compress has been run (which requires deletion of all version other than sde.default) will this sort of SQL access return the correct records in the base table.  A much better option (if all you need is record counts) is to query the multi-version view (create it if you haven't already done so) for the feature class.  The mvv takes in to account the delta tables and will return proper record counts via. sql queries.
0 Kudos