Records Shown in ArcCatalog/ArcMap but not in SQL Server 2008

01-14-2012 10:06 PM
FaisalBukhari
New Contributor II
I am Using SDE 10 and SQL Server 2008 R2.

we are using SDE default  version for adding,editing and deleting etc.

I have add some  new  records into my existing SDE featrure class by using ArcEditor and using SDE.default version by code  , the process is running well without error and the added reocords was shown in arcmap and arccatalog.

But, when i access the SDE feature class table using SQL server and list the records, the records what i just add, wasnt shown at all. please tell me what a hell happen to my feature class.

i compress the SDE database too but no success

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Faisal

If you are working in version environment the records are not added to the base table until you compress you geodatabase.
Even then if anybody is looking on the layers the records from the delta tables (A & D) might not be written into base.
You can check the �??move to base�?� checkbox when you register the layer as version or work without versioning at all.

Have Fun
Mody
0 Kudos
FaisalBukhari
New Contributor II
Hi Faisal

If you are working in version environment the records are not added to the base table until you compress you geodatabase.
Even then if anybody is looking on the layers the records from the delta tables (A & D) might not be written into base.
You can check the �??move to base�?� checkbox when you register the layer as version or work without versioning at all.

Have Fun
Mody

Thanks dear moody i already compress geodatabase but no success
my layers is already version "SDE.default"  how can i  check the �??move to base�?� checkbox is checked or not
0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor
When you open feature class properties in general tab it is written in the version group on the bottom of the page.

Mody
0 Kudos
FaisalBukhari
New Contributor II
When you open feature class properties in general tab it is written in the version group on the bottom of the page.

Mody

Thanks

that i know but my layer is already versioned  but my ? again
where i can find  whether  i check the �??move to base�?� checkbox is checked or not
0 Kudos