SDE to Shapefile to Personal Geodatabase Script

Jump to solution
10-02-2012 01:46 PM
RichardNorzagaray__IV_
New Contributor
I'm hoping someone can help - I am bound in using ArcGIS 9.3.1 due to dependencies beyond my control.  So here is what I am trying to accomplish:  Develop a script that will run nightly to export out an SDE layer based on a filter that is in the layer file into a shapefile or import into a personal geo-database and/or do both.  I can only use a a personal geo-database or shapefile because the other application(s) will only use these two types of formats.  I am told that FME dos a nice job of this process however we do not use it here. I was thinking maybe either a python or a C #/++ type script would do the job.   Any help with this would really be appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AntonyPaul_M1
New Contributor III
Hi Norzarr

I recomend to write a python script to do this.

If you are not proficient in python scripting use the model builder to make the model and then export the model to python script. Then schedule the job. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Antony

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AntonyPaul_M1
New Contributor III
Hi Norzarr

I recomend to write a python script to do this.

If you are not proficient in python scripting use the model builder to make the model and then export the model to python script. Then schedule the job. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Antony
0 Kudos
RichardNorzagaray__IV_
New Contributor
Thank you, Anthony I have completed the python script (Model builder) and it does just what I need.
0 Kudos
AntonyPaul_M1
New Contributor III
Cool good to know that

Cheers
Antony
0 Kudos