Set offset for street address role locator

Jump to solution
02-17-2021 01:25 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I've  looked in the online help, googled, and have created a new locator thinking I have missed something.  Is there a way to set an offset in a street address role locator?  (ArcGIS Pro 2.6)

Edited to add:  Looks like in 2.7 it's available.  https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geocoding/tips-for-improving-geocoding-quality.ht...

JoeBorgione_0-1613597929180.png

@BradNiemand 

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
12 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Okay- so there will be some manual interaction as we've discussed before.

0 Kudos
BrianWade
Occasional Contributor

This Old guy is still a few years out from retirement so I'll still be battling for the foreseeable future.

I hope you can see from these clips, that ESRI is aware of these problems, and is working on it.

and whenever Pro 2.8 comes out we'll take another look at switching from our ArcGIS 10.x Geocoder to the create Locators of ArcGIS Pro.

Brian

In my case 20ft wasn't 20ft when coming out of the create locator (Pro2.7), the east west distance was diferent than north south, as you can see the fix is said to in Pro 2.8, Holding breath!!In my case 20ft wasn't 20ft when coming out of the create locator (Pro2.7), the east west distance was diferent than north south, as you can see the fix is said to in Pro 2.8, Holding breath!!The ability to choose which distance type ie feet, meters, miles etc. are not an option that could be selected from a pulldown menuThe ability to choose which distance type ie feet, meters, miles etc. are not an option that could be selected from a pulldown menuIn both ArcGIS 10.x and pre Pro2.7 "Legacy" coders, you could set these parameters.In both ArcGIS 10.x and pre Pro2.7 "Legacy" coders, you could set these parameters.20ft used to be 20ft no matter the Axis.20ft used to be 20ft no matter the Axis.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Hooray for bugs in new releases!  I'm happy to pass the torch to any younger and upcoming geocoding enthusiast....

0 Kudos