Store relative path names + rebuild: FID

03-07-2011 02:05 AM
ThibautDelaere1
Occasional Contributor
Does the option 'Store relative path names' work in ArcGIS 10?

I keep seeing the original location path when the option box is checked. Also when the workspace is moved (including the reference data), I can't rebuild the locator. I got the message that the locator is broken, and I have to fix it manually.

Another problem occurs when I wan't to rebuild an address locator and I had to update the path to the reference data. I can't refer the FID field to the object Id field of the data. It doesn't appear in the dropdown list. So I can't rebuild the locator.

Anyone who can help me out?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
ThibautDelaere1
Occasional Contributor
I did find out that this is actually a reported bug, which will be fixed with 10SP2/10.1
0 Kudos
TomaszTarchalski
New Contributor
with version 10sp3 I am still comming across with the same problems (relative path does not work).

I also can't refer the FID field, but I just ignore it and click ok (after setting up the correct path) and it works.

I cant find it in reported bug list and with sp 2 and 3 pour geocoade it is still not resolved.

Tomasz Tarchalski
ESRI France
0 Kudos
CraigPrisland
New Contributor
Has the relative path issue been resolved?  I am using SP3 and it still does not work.  I also tried testing in ArcGIS 10.1 Beta 2 and it appears that it does not work in this version either.
0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
I have reproduced this issue and I have logged it.  We will try to get it in the next 10.0 Service Pack.

Brad
0 Kudos
CraigPrisland
New Contributor
Has this issue been resolved in SP 4?  I was looking at the SP 4 release notes and didn't see this issue on the list.
0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
It didn't make SP4 but we have a fix for it and it will be in 10.0 SP5.

Brad
0 Kudos
AnnStark
New Contributor II
I'm looking forward to this being resolved. 
Additionally, I'm wondering if a locator, created in a scripted process with arcpy.CreateAddressLocator can then be changed to a relative paths geocoder.  I don't see anyway to make that distinction in the coded process.  Can Esri comment on that please?

Ann
0 Kudos
CraigPrisland
New Contributor
Thank you.  Would it be safe to assume that this issue will be resolved in ArcGIS 10.1 as well since it looks like it will be part of ArcGIS 10 SP5?
0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
That is correct, it will be fixed in 10.1 as well.

Brad
0 Kudos