Unable to create delete FGDB FDO error -2147024894

08-09-2010 02:18 PM
MattWootton
New Contributor II
Hi All,
I am currently unable to create or delete FGDBs on a folder-based network location (not SDE).  I have full access to this location and can create/delete any other file type.  I can open/use feature classes in previously created FGDBs but can no longer create/delete them.  There are two of us who have access to this location and a third was added to this usergroup sometime over the weekend.  We have deleted all lock files associated with the FGDBs.  I have tried using the new person's machine (re-imaged, fresh install of 9.2) to see if she can create/delete and she can't.  Our IT people can't see anything wrong with our permissions (we all have read/write access).  Can anyone tell me what could have gone wrong when adding a third person to this usergroup?  Is there a safe, clearly-defined way to add someone to a usergroup without messing up rights to file geodatabases?  Our existing projects and data are okay (can add/delete FCs without issue)... but I cannot create new FGDBs.  Shapefiles work!  Using 9.2, XP.
0 Replies