Validation fails during check out from geodatabase to arcpad

08-08-2011 12:19 PM
ChrisBridges1
New Contributor
I am trying to check out a feature class  in a personal geodatabase to arcpad (using arcpad data manager toolbar in ArcMap 10). When I try to check out, I get the following error:

"Validation failed for 95 features in the Gas_Taps feature class. The first reported failure is on feature ID 1: Field Active attribute value Y is not a member of coded value domain Active.
You must correct this before you can check out Gas_Taps."

The field "Active" is a Yes (Y) or No (N) field. What do I need to correct this?
Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
StacyCulpepper
New Contributor III
WOW!  posted on Mar of 2011 and ESRI's 'watchful' techs still haven't posted an answer.  Great tech support going on here.
0 Kudos
AdrianoNave
New Contributor
Hi
Try to select by atributes, pick all the "yes" and calculate fields using the coded value domain code, not the description. Do the same for the "no".
0 Kudos
TomBell1
New Contributor III
Hi
Try to select by atributes, pick all the "yes" and calculate fields using the coded value domain code, not the description. Do the same for the "no".

Yes, just make sure that you don't have any blanks.  If you do, select the blank features and change them all to "Null".  This usually happens to me when I'm opening a project in ArcPad 10.0 that I created in ArcPad 7.1.  Once you get the hang of it, you can fix this problem pretty quickly.  Contact me if you have an questions tom.bell@wpcog.org 

-Tom Bell

Tom Bell, MSG, GISP
GIS Analyst, Data Services Section
Western Piedmont Council of Governments
Hickory, NC
0 Kudos