Very weird data error

06-12-2012 01:45 PM
raffia
by
New Contributor II
Dear all;

I have a feature class called "Roads", objects of which participate in a network, am mentioning that just in case it has something to do with my issue, though I don't think so.

Working locally, everything seems to be fine. I query and create three layers of the Roads feature class in my mxd, based on a value of the "RoadClass" field, value of 1 being a highway, all the way down to 3 for the smallest roads. The issue arises in the mxd on the server. The server generates an error and doesn�??t draw each roads layer according to the assigned symbology, instead it draws all of the layers using one width and color, with the following error message:

<Msg time='2012-06-04T10:59:54' type='ERROR' code='103800' target='DigitalEg/Rehab.MapServer' machine='LOIS' user='?' process='4684' thread='9416'>Highways: An expected Field was not found or could not be retrieved properly.An expected Field was not found or could not be retrieved properly. [Roads]</Msg>
<Msg time='2012-06-04T10:59:54' type='ERROR' code='103800' target='DigitalEg/Rehab.MapServer' machine='LOIS' user='?' process='4684' thread='9416'>Roads: An expected Field was not found or could not be retrieved properly.An expected Field was not found or could not be retrieved properly. [Roads]</Msg>

I checked or any weird entries in my RoadClass field, and nothing is out of values from 1 to 3. Keep in my that these are 12,000 roads, so it will be very hard to check for illegal entries in other fields within all the roads, like the names of each one.

You can see the service at this app: www.digitaleg.com/Digital_Egypt/El-Rehab/GIS/RehabEnglish.html

and here is the link to the server layers: http://arcgis2.roktech.net/ArcGIS/rest/services/DigitalEg/Rehab/MapServer

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks in advance

Raffi
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
This is just a guess; looking at your roads layer the Defintion Expression is:

"RoadClass " = '2'

Does the field name really have that extra space in it?

Cool app by the way!

Hope this helps-
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
raffia
by
New Contributor II
Hey thanks for your reply and compliment. I had that corrected in the mxd, and somehow that error still persists.
0 Kudos