Where do I find the Conflict Dialog Box?

01-06-2012 12:48 PM
KathySpivey
New Contributor
I am reconciling two versions of an SDE geodatabase and have it toggled to stop if conflict are present.  In the help it says to open the Conflict Dialog Box - where is that????  Do I need to be in ArcMap?  With data added?  What tool?

Thanks,  Kat
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BenLin
by
New Contributor III
Hi Kat,

Yes, you need to be in ArcMap with data added.

The Conflict Dialog box (it's called "Conflicts") is in the ArcMap Versioing toolbar. Once you have reconciled one version with its parent, if there's conflict, then you shall be able to see the conflicts window.

Regards,
Ben
0 Kudos
KathySpivey
New Contributor
Thanks Ben -
Followup question -
So I need to put all of my feature classes from the SDE database into an ArcMap document?  Is there a way to see which feature classes are causing the conflict so that I only have to add them to the ArcMap document?

Kat
0 Kudos
KathySpivey
New Contributor
Thanks Ben -
Followup question -
So I need to put all of my feature classes from the SDE database into an ArcMap document? Is there a way to see which feature classes are causing the conflict so that I only have to add them to the ArcMap document?

Kat

Hi Kat,

Yes, you need to be in ArcMap with data added.

The Conflict Dialog box (it's called "Conflicts") is in the ArcMap Versioing toolbar. Once you have reconciled one version with its parent, if there's conflict, then you shall be able to see the conflicts window.

Regards,
Ben
0 Kudos
BenLin
by
New Contributor III
Hi Kat,

You need to run the reconcile first, then you will be able to see the conflicts and know which feature classes are having the conflicts. The Conflict Dialog Box won't be enabled until you apply a reconcile first, so you won't be able to tell which one would cause the conflicts before you actually run the reconcile.

Thanks,
Ben
0 Kudos