Data Reviewer 10.3 vs GAIT

06-26-2015 01:43 AM
AntónioCastanheira
New Contributor II

I'm using Data Reviewer 10.3 and I'm dealing with some problems using GAIT 21 and GAIT23.

1 - Data Reviewer 10.3 can use GAIT 21 to validate my Data (creates GAIT project and validate my Data), but won't write the results to the Reviewer Table.

2 - When I try to use Data Reviewer with GAIT 23, I even can't select GAIT executable, because I receive the following error message "GAIT version not supported. Update the Defense Mapping GAIT session configuration file to use this version"

Any ideas on how to solve this situations?

Thanks,

António Castanheira

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi António,

The issue you describe being unable to use GAIT 23 is due to a missing entry in your GAIT_SESSION_CONFIG.xml file located in the C:\ProgramData\Esri\Production10.3\Desktop\DefenseMapping\ directory. To resolve this issue:

1. Close ArcMap/ArcCatalog

2. Open the GAIT_SESSION_CONFIG.xml file in a text editor like Notepad

3. Add the following entry:

<GAITParameterValues version="23">

<Schemas>GIFD|GIFDNUNANPO|FACC|FACCNUNANPO|VMAP|VMAPNUNANPO|MGCP3|MGCP4|UFD1|UFD1NUNANPO|UFD2|UFD2NUNANPO|UFD3|UFD3NUNANPO|TDS4|TDS6|NFDD|NFDDNUNANPO|DFDD|DFDDNUNANPO|SAC|GGDM|GGDMU|GGDML|GGDMR|GGDMG|TREX</Schemas>

<Specifications>USE_DFEGMASTER|USE_MGCPMASTER|USE_UFD1MASTER|USE_UFD3MASTER|USE_TDSMASTER|USE_SACMASTER|USE_TREXMASTER|USE_NOMASTER</Specifications>

</GAITParameterValues>

4. Save and close your text editor

5. Restart ArcMap/ArcCatalog

Regarding your issue being unable to write the GAIT errors to a reviewer table, can you please tell me which tool you are using? The GAIT geoprocessing tool in the Defense Mapping toolbox, or the GAIT Session tool on the Defense Mapping toolbar?

Greg Waite

Esri Defense Mapping

AntónioCastanheira
New Contributor II

Hi Greg,

I will test your solution about GAIT23 and I return to you to let you know my results.

About GAIT21 I have the same problem in both tools.

Best regards,

António Miguel Castanheira

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you António,

We have identified this as an issue and are tracking it. We plan on releasing a fix in our next 10.3 and 10.3.1 updates.

Until then, please manually add your GAIT records to the reviewer session if you wish to use the reviewer functionality.

Greg Waite

Esri Defense Mapping

AntónioCastanheira
New Contributor II

Hi greg,

As promised I'm returning to let you know that your solution regarding GAIT 23 and Data Reviewer 10.3, works fine.

But the issue regarding being unable to write the GAIT errors to a reviewer table, it also occurs with GAIT 23 and in both Tools (GAIT geoprocessing tool in the Defense Mapping toolbox and in the GAIT Session tool on the Defense Mapping toolbar).

Best regards,

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

António,

After further review, the GAIT tools are creating a new session in the active reviewer database each time a new review is conducted. Do you have a session started when you execute the command? Can you look to see if the new sessions have been created in your reviewer database?

Thanks.

Greg Waite

Esri Defense Mapping

0 Kudos
AntónioCastanheira
New Contributor II

Hi Greg,

With the "GAIT Session tool on the Defense Mapping toolbar" I have a session started in the Reviewer Session Manager when I execute the command other wise the option "Write results to the current Reviewer session" item does not appear available in the "GAIT Summary dialog box".

When the "GAIT Summary dialog box" appears I leave the tick in the option "Write results to the current Reviewer session" and nothing is written in the Reviewer Database.

With the "GAIT geoprocessing tool in the Defense Mapping toolbox" I found 2 situations:

1- I put the path to the Reviewer Database in the "Reviewer Workspace (optional)" after the creation of at least 1 reviewer Session in ArcMap.

In this case the GP tool Run and at the end when I check the Reviewer Database, I find a new session created by "GAIT geoprocessing tool" like "gaitsession1" and all errors were written in Reviewer Database

2 - I put the path to the Reviewer Database in the "Reviewer Workspace (optional)" after use the "Enable Data reviewer" Tool from the Data Reviewer ToolBox.

In this case the GP tool Run and at the end when I check the Reviewer Database, I find a new session created by "GAIT geoprocessing tool" like "gaitsession1" and nothing written.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

António,

We have identified a bug BUG-000092709 - GAIT Session on the Defense Mapping toolbar will not write results to the Reviewer table that we are reviewing as well as separate issue in the geoprocessing tool that prevents the records from being added if the input reviewer geodatabase does not already have an existing session.

As a workaround, you can use the Create Reviewer Session geoprocessing tool in your script to ensure that a session exists prior to calling the GAIT geoprocessing tool.

Please be aware that when using the GAIT geoprocessing tool, that the new reviewer records added as a result of the GAIT processing will always be added to a new reviewer session.

0 Kudos