Military Tools Widget deployment to 10.5.1 Portal

08-09-2017 04:12 PM
BenBerghauser1
New Contributor II

Hi all,

We've deployed Military Tools 2.0 Widgets to our 10.5.1 Portal and cannot get the Visibility one to work.

CoordinateConversion and DistanceAndDirection work perfectly in Web App Builder (Default) however when selecting the Visibility Widget, once you hit Ok, we just get a spinning 'loading' icon in the middle of the dialog box forever. The dialog boxis called 'Configure Visibility'.

This is obviously before we get the chance to nominate the GP Service.

How do we go about troubleshooting this? 

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
BenBerghauser1
New Contributor II

Ah yes. The file was empty when I looked at it, not {}.

I'll try adding the task url to it tomorrow. Hopefully that will mean it doesn't have the dependency on the files that aren't there (although I haven't checked, the 404 not found error kind of points that way)

Thanks for the quick response.

Ben.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ben, 

Above you stated that you have deployed Military Tools 2.0 Widgets to your 10.5.1 Portal and you are not having luck with the Visibility widget. Have you tried the Visibility widget inside of Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition)? If this is not how you deployed the widget could you please share your workflow so I can better trouble shoot the problem? 

Also, if you did not use Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) could you attempt that as well to see if you get the same results? Here is a link that will walk you thru the steps: 

Configure Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition

The guide uses an online organization; however, you should be able to use the same steps with your portal. 

Hope this helps find the root of the problem

Thanks

Lyle Wright

Defense Solutions

0 Kudos
BenBerghauser1
New Contributor II

Hi Lyle,

In this scenario, we're trying not to use Developer Edition to deploy 'out-of-the-box' widgets into the production environment. We upgraded to 10.5.1 specifically to add the Military Tools custom widgets to the standard edition of the Web App Builder.

In order to deploy it we have;

- Hosted the widgets folder on our Portal web server (https://portal.domain/widgets/Visibility/)

- Added an 'Application Extension (App Builder) item in Portal: https://portal.domain/widgets/Visibility/manifest.json

- Shared the item with the organisation

As I said, this worked fine with both the Distance and Bearing and the Coordinate Conversion widgets...something specific to the visibility widget isn't quite there.

thanks

0 Kudos