Jump to solution
02-21-2015 08:09 AM
Jim_Gay
New Contributor III

My organization has recently purchased the following ESRI products:

ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2

ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.2

ESRI Business Analyst 2014

My task is to setup a automated process that will geocode all of the addresses in our database (IBM Netezza) on a weekly basis.  The first run will be about 3 million addresses that need to be geocoded, then each week the number will be much smaller (a few thousand).  I'm struggling to figure out where to start with this.  Does anyone have any information or any ESRI pages that can help me get started?  Most of what I have read talks about geocoding on a adhoc basis.  Any information would be most appreciated!  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim_Gay
New Contributor III

I finally answered my own question.

Each morning we run a python script that extracts our data from Netezza, goes the geocoding, then we do a spatial join to get the census tract for each address, then we write that data back to Netezza.  Please let me know if you are interested in learning more about this process.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jim_Gay
New Contributor III

I finally answered my own question.

Each morning we run a python script that extracts our data from Netezza, goes the geocoding, then we do a spatial join to get the census tract for each address, then we write that data back to Netezza.  Please let me know if you are interested in learning more about this process.