Composite Locator creation

09-20-2023 05:05 PM
wgreen7423
New Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to create a composite locator with a Street Address, City, and Zip. I have a parcel locator with a ParcelAddr field that contains the entire Street Address. ex. 123 Main St., it also has a Municipal field I could use for the City but it doesn't have the Zip. I am using the Single Key for this locator using only the ParcelAddr and can find the street address 123 Main St. just fine in the search.

I have a Street locator that contains the ParcelAddr and Municipal fields similar to above. This locator has the Street Address broken out into separate fields also including the Zip fields as ZipLeft and ZipRight. However, this locator doesn't include House Number. When using search for this locator it returns as an example, Main St., Any Town, 12345

When adding these two into a composite layer. I continue to get search result based upon how the address is entered. Either 123 Main St. or Main St. Any Town, 12345 but not as one 123 Main St, Any Town, 12345.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@wgreen7423 Are you using ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro 2.6 or earlier to create the composite locator? It sounds like you might be using the Create Address Locator tool to build the locators in your composite, what are the locator styles used to build those locators? Does your street data only contain the street name components and no  house number ranges?

If you have access to ArcGIS Pro 3.0 or later you could use the Split Address Into Components tool to split the  address in the ParcelAddr field into individual address components, then use those fields to build a PointAddress role or Parcel role locator with the same data using the Create Locator tool. If the parcel data has a parcel ID that field can be mapped to the Parcel Name field that would allow you to search for the parcel ID. If the street data doesn't have house number ranges, then only StreetName candidates will be returned by the locator when you build the locator with the StreetAddress role, which is not as precise as StreetAddress candidates.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geocoding/create-a-locator.htm

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geocoding/tutorial-create-a-multirole-locator.htm

0 Kudos