Manually Created .Style file doesn't work

11-18-2015 06:40 AM
EricGreen
New Contributor

Hey all,

I made my own style file by opening a .style file in the ArcGIS's Style folder and saving it as a new mdb access database. I then deleted all of the existing records in the Marker Symbol folder (no other tables had data). I then wrote some short VBA code to loop through several BMPs and add them as BLOBs to the table along with an ID, name, tags and category. I renamed it back to .style. Everything seemed okay but I don't see the image thumbnails when I add the Style Reference in Symbol Selector. All of the data is there, just no pictures. Moreover, if I try to match symbols to Match Symbols to Style it doesn't find any of them! I tried matching using the ID and the name and neither work. Am I missing something?

Arc 10.2.2

Eric

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EricGreen
New Contributor

Here is the Style...

0 Kudos
EricGreen
New Contributor

For what it is worth, I've verified that it is the BLOB data that is causing it not to work. I can copy in a BLOB from the sample style and it works. Are there requirements for the BLOB data? I've tried several ways and can't seem to get it to work. Are my images too big? In the wrong format? I am using BMPs.

Eric

0 Kudos