#EsriUC2023 - Thanks everyone! What was the best part for you?

07-15-2023 10:51 AM
Pat_Hohl
Esri Regular Contributor

UC is in the books!  I had a great time and met so many people.  Thank you! 

I encouraged hundreds of people to join us here in the EsriCummunity.  If you're new, please reply and say "hi"!

What was the best part for you? 

Thanks, -Pat

2 Replies
Clayton-Cooley
New Contributor III

This was my first UC working for an Electric G&T company, so I really enjoyed getting to connect with the Electric Transmission SIG and hearing how folks are using GIS in our industry.

Hussam_AlJabri
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @Pat_Hohl!

Every day I had something special to enjoy and learn; here was my daily activities in the UC23:

📍Day 1 in #ESRIUC23

I attended an incredible GIS Managers Summit and got impactful insights about the values of Geospatial Strategy and the five key components of successful GIS, which are:
1- Strategy
2- Governance
3- Data&Technology
4- Engagement
5- Skills Development

The agenda was:

•The Path to GIS Success > Jim VanOstenbridge
•Strategy > James Pardue
•Governance > Deepti Dev Kochhar
•GIS Governance at the City of Austin, TX > Marna McLain
•Engagement > Micheal & Anika
•Making the GIS Team Proactive at Franklin Co., PA> Kara Shindle, GISP
•Data&Technology > Jim VanOstenbridge
•Skills development > Justin Ogden
•Holistic View > Matthew Lewin

The main takeaways:
“- Your strategy determines the unique configuration of these key components (and others) and creates your organization's geospatial capability.
- Governance is the process by which you monitor, control, and oversee your strategy.
- To get started on your path to GIS success,
> start by building a case for your geospatial strategy,
> ensure you deliver quick wins,
> focus on establishing a base level of governance,
> and build up the right team to sustain your program long-term.”

Networking with the GIS Managers and exchanging experiences was a powerful part, and happy to be part of the GIS Managers Community https://lnkd.in/dzm2NWEa

I had been reading the Geospatial Essentials for Managers e-books extensively and was privileged to meet the author Matthew Lewin!

1688967611225.jpeg1688967619533.jpeg
--------------

🌎Day 2 at #ESRIUC23

What a day!
It is the Planery session where Jack, Esri CEO, presented how {GIS creating the world we want to see} and make a difference to build a better world with [Geographic Approach].

It is hard to list all the things that inspired me, but the presentation impressed me was Enterprise GIS Award Winner, PG&E (Pacific Gas& Electric). Kadus to Pacific Gas and Electric Company team,
Elizabeth ProctorKurt McNeel-Caird , Dave Lewis , Hamilton ErridgeAlexander Hong.

Jack and his team showed brilliant apps and services of the ArcGIS platform and how [GIS is a System of Systems].
#DigitalTwin#GeoAI#GeoBIM are becoming mature enough to build a foundation of Smart Cities!

The vibe of the conference and being surrounded by thousands of #GIS lovers is amazing.

So excited for the technical workshops, Expo, and networking with GeoGeeks!

1689060444148.jpeg1689060455294.jpeg1689060455751.jpeg1689060455758.jpeg

--------------------

Day 3 at #ESRIUC23

I started this day with the Electric&Gas kick-off session, where the Esri team demonstrated the latest ArcGIS Solution updates and provided valuable insight into the Electric & Gas industries. They streamed clips of interviews with Esri GIS Heros to share their experiences in the industry [happy to be one of the interviewees].

The day was full of attending workshops that focused on below topics I was interested in:
- Geospatial Strategy: Defining and Implementing Geospatial Strategy
- Business Values of the Utility Network
- BIM, GIS integration
- GIS and Digital Twin
- GIS Dashboards Sharpen Operational Awareness
- ArcGIS Field Maps for Utilities and field operations
- ArcGIS Solutions: Asset Management
- ArcGIS Utility Network: Advanced Network Management

Between each session I got the chances to walk through the Expo and explore the business applications of #GIS in #Energy and specifically electric distribution tier. I met Esri products teams, regional and international vendors to hear what they practiced in the market and find the best practices.

1689352266262.jpeg1689352273430.jpeg1689352273601.jpeg1689352273797.jpeg1689352273975.jpeg1689281316621.jpeg

------------------

🌏Day 4&5 at #esriuc2023
12th July 2023

The main destination on this day was the Expo, where I spent hours got in touch with Esri product team tried to discover where the Values of #ArcGIS Platform can make the differences in the business areas of Electric Industries such as:
• #Planning
• #AssetManagement
• #ProjectManagement (Project lifecycle)
• #Design#Engineering
• #Operations#Maintenance
• #Health#Saftey, and #Environment #HSE
• #CustomerServices
• #FieldMobility

I saw many successful stories provided by User Presentation sessions, especially with planning for implementing ArcGIS Utility Network, and system integration with other IT/OT systems like ADMS, OMS, EAM, AMI, etc considering GIS as a single source of network topology.

ENOWA GIS team had a valuable meeting with the ArcGIS Utility Network team [Remi MyersTom DeWitteMegan Hendrick) to understand the business values will be generated by this new technology of network modeling and how we can get started following the best practices to digitally twining the utility network in NEOM

Good to meet with Remi Myers after reading all of his blogs and articles. Find him here:
https://lnkd.in/d_zhsT-d

Some other resources:
https://lnkd.in/d4kBVeeY

I enjoyed the workshops focused on:
- Planning for Utility Network
- ArcGIS Survey123 Advance Smart Form Design Template (Ismael Chivite James Tedrick )
- Adoption Strategies: Preparing Your Organization for GIS
- Planning and Construction in Renewable Energy Project Development
- GIS Elevates Enterprise Asset Management
- GeoEnabled Asset Management Systems Streamline Business Operations
- Emerging Technology in Land Administration (by Ministry of Housing & Urban Planning Mazin Shahwarzi Dawood Al Busaidi Samiya Al Ismaily)

1689451810318.jpeg1689451825145.jpeg1689451825307.jpeg1689451825558.jpeg1689451825567.jpeg1689451827501.jpeg1689451827967.jpeg

------------------

Last day at #esriuc2023

A deep hug to Jack for this incredible UC!
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-14 at 22.17.47.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-24 at 12.21.55.jpg