If I want to use Portal, why do I have to Provision ArcGIS Pro ? Any help would be nice on explaining this.

Jump to solution
10-16-2017 12:40 PM
PaulWirth
Occasional Contributor

Trying to transition to ArcGIS pro and get Portal going

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Esri premium app licenses, like ArcGIS Pro, now get provisioned to named users through ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise w/ Portal.  ArcGIS Pro is the main Web GIS client for publishing and maintaining services in your Web GIS (ArcGIS Online or Enterprise).  This video does a pretty good job of walking through how to provision licences through ArcGIS Online or Enterprise. 

How to Set Up Named User Licenses for ArcGIS Pro - YouTube 

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JoshGumm
New Contributor II

Did you get this answered Paul?  Everything is going towards named users, I'm sure your customer service rep can help explain.  Good luck with the transition!!  

0 Kudos
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Esri premium app licenses, like ArcGIS Pro, now get provisioned to named users through ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise w/ Portal.  ArcGIS Pro is the main Web GIS client for publishing and maintaining services in your Web GIS (ArcGIS Online or Enterprise).  This video does a pretty good job of walking through how to provision licences through ArcGIS Online or Enterprise. 

How to Set Up Named User Licenses for ArcGIS Pro - YouTube 

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

FYI Paul,

Just cross-referencing my response to your other similar topic thread,

https://community.esri.com/thread/203655-if-i-want-to-use-portal-why-do-i-have-to-provision-arcgis-p... 

Hope this helps,