Utility Network Share As May Layer Error: Layer's data source must be registered with the server

04-01-2019 11:09 AM
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'm working with the Naperville Sample Utility Network Asset Package and I'm trying to Publish my ArcGIS Pro Map as a Map Layer to my ArcGIS Server. When I run the Analyze Tool I'm getting 2 errors:

1) Layer's data source must be registered with the server

2) Branch Versioned Dataset: "X" is not supported from a versioned workspace when the service is editable

Both of these errors seems to be occurring on most of the layers on the map.

I've followed the steps and procedures outlined to use a Utility Network Asset Package and I'm not sure where I went wrong. I think I'm on the last step.

Thanks,

Mike Hamsa...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

If you right click the first error, you can register your data source with server (essentially telling server where it needs to look)

For the second error, I'm not sure. What version of Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise are you using?

0 Kudos
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Paul,

I really appreciate the response.

On the first item, something must be going on with our ArcGIS Server. When I right click on that error and press “Register Data Source With Server” I get an error message that says the “The database is already registered as ArcGIS Server’s Managed Database”.

On the second item, We’re running ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 and ArcGIS Pro 2.3.1. The one thing that I’m seeing that’s related is that when I go to the Configuration tab of the Share as Map Layer window, I do NOT have an option to Toggle on “Version Management”.

I’ve Registered the dataset as “Versioned Managed”, so I’m pretty sure that’s all correct, but the “Version Management” option on the “Share as Map Layer” window is missing.

Mike Hamsa

Chief Technology Officer - GeoSpatial Innovations, Inc.

P: 512-982-6735

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

When you added the layers to your map, was it from a branch workspace?

0 Kudos