Errors in Data Migration Form (dataMigration.jsp). 0 records migrated from ... table.

02-11-2012 11:09 PM
JamesD
by
New Contributor
While upgrading the geoportal database from 9.3.1 to 10, I'm getting the following errors:

Error occured while migrating data to GPT_user table. Invalid object name 'geoportal931.GPT_user'.
0 records migrated from user table.
Error occured while migrating data to GPT_harvesting_history table. Invalid object name 'geoportal931.GPT_harvesting_history'.
0 records migrated from harvesting_history table.
Error occured while migrating data to GPT_search table. Invalid object name 'geoportal931.GPT_search'.
0 records migrated from search table.

The database is in a SQL server 2008 database. I've created an empty geoportal10 database using the scripts provided, and trying to migrate the data from a geoportal931 database.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesD
by
New Contributor
While upgrading the geoportal database from 9.3.1 to 10, I'm getting the following errors:

Error occured while migrating data to GPT_user table. Invalid object name 'geoportal931.GPT_user'.
0 records migrated from user table.
Error occured while migrating data to GPT_harvesting_history table. Invalid object name 'geoportal931.GPT_harvesting_history'.
0 records migrated from harvesting_history table.
Error occured while migrating data to GPT_search table. Invalid object name 'geoportal931.GPT_search'.
0 records migrated from search table.

The database is in a SQL server 2008 database. I've created an empty geoportal10 database using the scripts provided, and trying to migrate the data from a geoportal931 database.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have found the cause of this problem. There is a typo is the migration guide. The JDBC Url should point to geoportal931 instead of geoportal10 as specified in the documentation.

JDBC url:
jdbc:sqlserver://<servername>;databaseName=geoportal931
0 Kudos