Publish Client for ArcGIS 10.2 - failing on Geoportal 1.2.4

03-02-2015 09:26 AM
TracyJones
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I'm a little frustrated that this is no longer working. Before upgrading to 10.2 - I had the 10.0 publish client installed and was able to publish with not issues. After installed 10.2.2 and the 10.2 publish client I am now receiving the following error every time I try to publish data that used to go with no issues:

Publication failed for Database Connections\PD4SPA_WITH_CALGIS.sde\CALGIS.ADMINISTRATIVE_BOUNDARIES\CALGIS.ADM_ANIMAL_SERVICES_ZONE

Cause : 1 = {

code: 409,

errors: [

"General Information - Metadata Language: is required.",

"\/gmd:MD_Metadata\/gmd:language\/gco:CharacterString",

"Identification Information - Dataset Language: is required.",

"\/gmd:MD_Metadata\/gmd:identificationInfo\/gmd:MD_DataIdentification\/gmd:language[1]\/gco:CharacterString",

"Identification Information - Contact for Resource - Contact Person is required.",

"\/gmd:MD_Metadata\/gmd:identificationInfo\/gmd:MD_DataIdentification\/gmd:citation\/gmd:CI_Citation\/gmd:citedResponsibleParty[1]\/gmd:CI_ResponsibleParty\/gmd:individualName\/gco:CharacterString",

"Identification Information - Contact for Resource - Contact Position is required.",

"\/gmd:MD_Metadata\/gmd:identificationInfo\/gmd:MD_DataIdentification\/gmd:citation\/gmd:CI_Citation\/gmd:citedResponsibleParty[1]\/gmd:CI_ResponsibleParty\/gmd:positionName\/gco:CharacterString"

]}

I've tried to validate nothing seems to fix this issue. I have several hundred metadata records within SDE that I'd like to upload but cannot get this tool to work any longer and am super frustrated .BTW my metadata Style is set to North American Profile of ISO 19115 2003. Very little data will be published if I set the style to Item Description but does not contain enough information for the record to be of any use. It seems all the other styles fail when I try to publish other than Item Description.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tracy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MartenHogeweg
Esri Contributor

from the response it appears you're using the ISO metadata style. the response indicates the geoportal found the metadata to not meet the validation rules set for ISO metadata. can you check in the metadata editor in ArcMap if these elements (metadata language, dataset language, contact info) are populated?

0 Kudos
TracyJones
New Contributor III

Hi Marten,

Yes I've checked all of these several times and am still getting the same errors, Any other thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,

Tracy

0 Kudos