Data Hosting Licensing

01-23-2024 12:48 PM
gisnerd2023
New Contributor

Hello all, We are trying to assess the ESRI terms and conditions around some data hosting that we are being asked to do. We have gotten very mixed opinions from various sources internal and externally to ESRI so want to ask here. 

Is the following scenario within compliance of ESRI licensing? 

We own a single ArcGIS Server machine. We are serving out and charging our customers to host their data. Each customer would use 1 or 2 private hosting services with their data. These clients are ESRI customers, we are providing the hosting services for a fee with our single enterprise license. 

Thank you for your input. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
gisnerd2023
New Contributor

To confirm. This would be serving out data to a customer and not granting server access to end users. 

0 Kudos
AnonymousUser23
New Contributor III

Esri used to have an ASP license that was used for hosting data for customers. I believe that had been depreciated but not sure the licensing model that replaced it. Following 

0 Kudos
MichaelDavis3
Occasional Contributor III

Yes - we used to have one of these ASP licenses we used to host data for a bunch of small county mapping websites.  Since ESRI discontinued the (very expensive) ASP license I believe most of those have transitioned to small AGOL accounts that serve basically the same purpose, but include all the ready-made apps and tools.

These days, depending on what your ultimate goal is, I'd probably look at ArcGIS Platform to host data or look into the PDS (Project Delivery Subscription) options for AGOL and Portal.  

0 Kudos